Machinery and equipment are at the heart of business operations for any non-profit or for-profit organization. The ability to conduct regular maintenance and ensure smooth operation is critical. With many challenges in delivering humanitarian assistance, equipment and machinery management is critical in maintaining full operational capacity. It also needs to be updated and improved constantly. Using basic and common solutions, humanitarian organizations can achieve the desired impact.
In this course, we describe the strategic role of regular maintenance as per the manufacturers’ and international standards. We will also discuss the broader context of supply chain management and logistics. The main focus of this training is on the managerial aspects and contracting of equipment maintenance with third-party service providers. In addition, we examine the operational and financial performance aspect of equipment management, with an eye on sustainability and environmental aspects.
- The open course program is offered in more than 12 locations around the world.
- Inhouse training can be offered anywhere in the world
- Consider bundling multiple courses of the same category for discounts
- This training is offered in other languages besides English, contact us for more information
By The End of This Training Participants Will Have Learned How To:
- Recognize sustainable machinery management techniques and practices
- Describe the strategic role of equipment and machinery in the business operation
- Identify different maintenance management options and value-adding activities
- Develop key performance indicators and benchmark maintenance performance
- Plan and manage shut-downs, turnarounds, and outages
- Outline the cost and revenue aspects of maintenance
- Profile and optimize maintenance activities
- Understand the use of software to plan and execute timely maintenance checks
- Manage maintenance contracts with maximum benefit to the business and environment
- Environmental management and chemical handling in maintenance work
- safety and security management in machinery maintenance.
- Get exposed to other software that can help warehouse management
What Participants Receive:
- Accordemy Professional Certification – From Accord Worldwide, Inc. USA
- 24/7 access to online course material
- Lifetime Discussion Group Membership
- Discounts on future training courses
Who Should Attend:
The course is perfect for those seeking to complement their knowledge in equipment management, plant management, factory team leaders and maintenance officers. It has a special focus on developing countries and humanitarian operations.
It is also ideal for those in operation management and the senior level of an organization. The content of this training is designed for personnel of international NGOs, government departments, health institutions, and companies with large machinery and equipment.
- Your fee covers the course certificate, training materials, lunch, refreshments, and one social event – provided there are at least five participants in the program.
- Fees DO NOT COVER: Visa costs, airfare expenses, accommodation, travel insurance, dinner, and personal expenses.
- Contact us for more information on group rate discounts.
- Pre-test: click here to try it for free
- Operation management overview
- The role of machinery in a business
- Types of equipment and machinery
- Maintenance essentials
- setting up a periodic schedule and ad hoc maintenance system
- Purchasing and receiving equipment
- Manufacturer instruction and warranty management
- Inventory profiling
- Operation training and assigned personnel
- Machinery data management
- The use of software in equipment management
- Plants management and echelons
- Plant design to ensure machinery life
- Value-adding activities in regular service
- Stockpiling, spot stocking, and assortments of spare parts
- Safety and first hand management during maintenance
- Maintenance KPIs
- Emergency outage management
- Regular shutdown management
- Machinery performance fault identification
- Learning from regular operation
- Management of environmental impacts