Planning and preparation are crucial elements of conducting an efficient training session. A well structured and planned training session connects with the audience in a healthy manner. A pre-planned training program has a visibly defined schedule, detailed time-frame, summary of activities and task of responsibilities. Planning is at heart of any effective and expert trainer. This is the phase where the trainers envisage the learning outcome and analyse how the training methodology should be in order to replicate the vision. An organised training program has an incredible effect on the student learning and leads to more success and achievement. An expert trainer is the one who continuously plans and prepares for the upcoming sessions.
Training or teaching is not something that can be done once instead it is a process where you will have insights on a bunch of diverse experiences that can be translated into context for a lesson. Every time you start to plan for a lesson, one or the other thing may strike and start making a lot more sense of the training program. To deliver an effective training session, nothing can be better than a planned lesson.
Remember, not all planned sessions are extraordinary and not all the unplanned programs are terrible but a great plan can definitely make great planned programs.
BENEFITS OF PLANNING A TRAINING SESSION
- Assist to uphold focus: It happens during training sessions that a more number of students may create chaos and might try to divert your attention to some other topic. However, if you have a lesson map with you, it becomes easy to come back to the topic and discuss further. Understand that the students know where you lose about the topic while speaking, thus it is essential for a trainer to be well planned so that you do not lose your confidence while delivering a training session.
- Helps in visualizing the training goal: The pre-planning of any training program makes the teaching process a lot easier. The planning helps the trainer to evaluate their knowledge about the topic that needs to be delivered in the training session. For example, if you have to deliver a session on digital marketing benefits and are not sure of the rules, you can very well research about the same during the planning stage. This phase allows you to create a program flow and prepare details & descriptions of the content accordingly. You can also try to deliver a mock training session to understand if you have missed out any topics that could have been captured.
- Planning helps to organize your training session: If you have planned well for the training session, you have the topics covered in a logical order with well organised information. Deciding the topics in a logical order also assist in scheduling the duration of particular topic, which topic need to be covered at first and which requires the last place. You can also define when to take interval between the session and what practical or engaging activities shall be incorporated during the entire training session.
- It gives the trainer an insight: Since you have clearly defined the topics and the sequence of your presentation, it becomes easy to analyse the possible arguments, opinions and questions that may come up during the training program. By this, a trainer can prepare the probable answers and related topics that may come up during discussions.
- It helps a trainer to manage their time: Understanding the schedule of your training session, the trainers can plan for other topic related discussions or even plan for activities that provide a practical approach to the training session.
- It keeps the trainer in the right direction: A well planned and prepared training session assist in preventing deviation and keep the program on right trail. At times there are irrelevant questions from the students that might distract you, but since you know the flow you are back to the topic with a careful response to the irrelevant question.
- It is of benefit to the substitute trainer: Imag
ine a situation, where you are not able to reach the training scene on time or due to some or other reasons the training has to be delivered by either your subordinate or any substitute trainer. This is when your planned training content will help. The substitute trainer can go through the flow of the session well in advance and will be able to deliver as efficiently as you would have delivered. This planned or organised training flow works as a reference material.
A well planned training session proves your skills and makes you appear professional and efficient trainer. However, the planned training sessions do not assure a perfect program but will definitely reduce the issues that might come up during a session. A logically defined and structured training flow assist in smooth teaching and confident delivery of topics. A planned training session is an attestation that the training faculty has invested considerable efforts.